Education and further training
I have been working in the field of HIV / sexually transmitted infections / hepatitis B, C for over 20 years. In the process, I have become acquainted with a wide range of institutions: specialist practices, infection departments of large and medium-sized hospitals (assistant physician at the University Hospital Zurich, senior physician at the Cantonal Hospitals of St. Gallen and Münsterlingen). I have worked in addiction medicine (including heroin-assisted treatment, Zurich) and was a senior physician at Checkpoint Zurich.
For several years I have also been involved in epidemiological research, first at the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, and currently at the Institute of Global Health and most recently (until February 2021) at the University of Geneva. Research topics: Hepatitis C (epidemiology in Switzerland, screening with HCV antigen, low viral loads), HIV (anal cancer, women, sub-Saharan Africa).
- FMH Internal Medicine
- FMH Specialist Infectiology
To the list of all publications: list of publications
Memberships and other activities
- Swiss Society for Infectiology
- German Society for Tropical Medicine and International Health
- HIV-Prakt (association of practising physicians in HIV care), Zurich
- Initiator and president of “Positive Women Switzerland”: association for self-help of HIV-positive women, with groups in Zurich and Bern: Positive Women Switzerland
German, English, French, Italian